Benefits of Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen trends can change rapidly. Even if you had a modern kitchen several years ago, it might already feel tired and dated. Since families spend so much time in the kitchen, it’s a good investment to keep the room looking clean and modern. Some reasons to consider refinishing cabinets instead of replacing them include:
- Faster turnaround time than a full remodel.
- An affordable way to give your kitchen a completely new look.
- Using higher-quality paint will extend the lifespan of your cabinets.
- Increasing your home’s value provides a better ROI than replacement.
Main Factors Affecting a Cabinet Refinishing Price
Companies consider various factors when calculating their kitchen cabinet painting price and will often break these costs down in the estimate. These costs include:
- Labor: The majority of the quote will be to compensate the professional painters for their labor. You can expect a higher price if you have many cabinets and doors (especially if we need to remove them from the cabinet boxes), if the cabinets are in poor condition, or if fixtures need replacing. Similarly, you may receive a lower rate if your cabinet doors are in good condition and don’t require repairs or if you only need one or two painted.
- Materials: Materials include everything from how many coats of paint your cabinets will need (darker tones will need more paint to cover than light cabinet door), paint stripper, tools, and any necessary equipment.
- Repairs: Sometimes, our painting team may discover damage that needs repair during the project. In most cases, we’ll recommend repairing the damage before proceeding, but we’ll never start any work without consulting the client first.
- Travel: If you live in a remote or difficult-to-access location, we may charge a small additional fee for transport costs.
schedule a detailed quote
The Average Cabinet Refacing Price
A professional painter will usually charge you per cabinet door or square foot. Some may even differentiate between a drawer and door to make the cabinet painting pricing as fair as possible.
Generally, the average cost for an ordinary kitchen is around $70 to $90 per door or $5 to $9 per square foot. Typical households can expect to pay around $2,200 for a normal-sized kitchen.
$2,500 – $4,000
$3,500 – $6,000
Work With the Best at New Age Painting & Coatings in Las Vegas
While repainting kitchen cabinets may seem like an easy weekend project, it can quickly become overwhelming, even for the most enthusiastic DIY-er. That’s why we recommend working with us — not only can we help you choose the right color for your dream kitchen, but we will also execute the job to the highest possible standard, leaving you with a kitchen you’ll love.
To get the best cabinet painting pricing, call New Age Painting & Coatings in Las Vegas, NV, at (725) 238-3383 or visit our website today!